Sunday 18 July 2010

The Get Away : part 5 : Forever working

Sailors Knots
The beauty of my job is that no matter where I am, I can still work (if i want to) Whilst i was away I recieved a long awaited email.
During my final year of my degree i produced a collection of artwork to go alongside a dress that i made inspired by the sea and maratime stories. This project is where i really feel i found my style, and the best part about this project was that I collaborated with a very dear friend of mine, and talented poet.
This work was exhibited in the Queens Halls in Hexham, Northumberland and created quite a stir. After the opening a deal was struck to get this work published in a book alongside more of Mr Bradys poetry.
A surreal but very proud moment!
Almost 3 years and a lot of work later the porject developed into working with degree students from our local college and this was a huge success! The book is now being published in the states and is set to be launched in the UK at the Sage, Gateshead, arts fair in October.
We are soooooooooooo excited!! and im very proud of Andy, hopefully this will be the first book of many!.
Here is the link for the online preview.
I hope you like it x

No comments:

Post a Comment