Monday 13 June 2011

Newcastle Fashion week Presents ...




Northumbria Uni Graduate Fashion Show
held at the Baltic, Gateshead.

My lovely miss murray, the fabulous designer that she is has finally graduated.
From day one after discussing her ideas for her final collection over many a cocktail i promised i would be there, front row to cheer her on as she showcased her splendid craftsmanship, and that is exactly what i did ! - with a slight tear in my eye i may add , i felt like a proud mother of my dear friend and in total ore of the wonderful collection that pranced down the catwalk in front of me.
This lady is super talented and has already worked for the likes of Anna Sui in New York and I'm sure is bound for a bright future and making us all look amazing in the clobber she creates.
Sadly she wasn't put forward for London fashion week ... a title i feel she was robbed from and as my little lovely told me on her return she still managed to kick up a storm and has interest from high street stores and European press.

Now fashion isn't everyone's cup of tea, and grateful for that i am or it just wouldn't work.
For me it gives me a buzz, the energy to create and makes me love the life i lead.

I had a rather splendid afternoon with miss murray hearing all her stories from the London show as we celebrated her success in the only way i know how - afternoon tea with all the trimmings and a glass of bubbly to chink
In doing this i wish my amazingly talented friend every happiness on the crazy roller coaster she is about to board, New York had better watch out.

xxxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment