Tuesday 9 August 2011

The Time Travellers Wife



So as much as I would liked, I have never been much of a bookworm, I have always liked reading but it would be a novel a year or something shameful like that ... however recently , whether I am just growing up and liking the finer things in life I am enjoying getting my nose into books.
I love a good romance as much as the next girl and I got stuck into the time travellers wife quite quickly, full of will-full love and hope and the trials we go through as couples, it was a heart wrenching read and I must admit this is the first book I have read that reduced me to tears on the final pages.
I think we all somehow relate to a story but this one touched me, and the characters could quite simply be characters from my own story, so whether this is why it moved me so much, I'm not sure, maybe so , or maybe because I am such a hopeless romantic.
Now I have read the book I am eager to watch the film ... a dangerous move I hear you cry .. yes not always the smartest of moves when you love a book so much but I am eager to see if this book in motion is how I pictured it.
If you have not read this book I do suggest you track down a copy, and a box of tissues and settle in for a heart warming story of two lovers lost in a sometimes cruel world.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment