Wednesday 29 May 2013

Copper continued ...

After painstaking hours upon hours of sawing and filing my components the pieces of my jigsaw were starting to come together. Only now do I truely understand the blood sweat and tears that go into sculptures! - quite literally in my case I may add - **  note to self filing small triangles into sharp points make mini hazards to fingers**  yet another battle scar to add to the collection and I carried on. 
Now the base metal was prepped it was time to let loose my textile mind and begin the layers of textures which also act as a great stress relief?! Oh the fun to be had with a hammer....





The contrast here of the smoothness of the natural copper to the surface texture I had created by hand gave me great inspiration to how the intricacy of my design could be given more depth 


No comments:

Post a Comment