Wednesday 1 December 2010

Christmas market and russian dolls




I really love this time of year especially when the the Christmas market hits down in town.
Finished work early for a change this week so me and Roy went for a wonder around the little stalls all settled in the snow and highlighted with fairy lights ... looked so pretty.
Every year we both hunt down the little Russian lady who sells the the most amazing Russian dolls . . Roy buys a new one every year, me? miss indecisive? I never quite get there in making a purchase .. however this year the lady did good!! hidden at the back of the stall my eye caught a set of dolls with an old blue and white china pattern ... instantly fell in love and it now has pride of place on the shelves above my desk, along side my other bits and bobs ... sat looking around this bedroom/studio/office i am dreading moving day ... i have so many belongings im going to need a good month to pack .. ill cross that bridge when i get to it , and for now just admire my collection of kitsch goodness.

The market was great fun and i have had a few good ideas about how im going to set my stall up at the fairs im doing in the next few weeks. If the postman manages to battle through the snow with my new camera ill be able to upload some photos for you all to see after the events.

keep you posted

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment